But My Taxes!!

You know what, you pay taxes, I pay taxes, everyone pays taxes. Except for the billionaires who get tax breaks after tax breaks, I don't see any of you who are complaining about the little student loan relief complaining about Musk or Bezos. You don't get a say in where the Government spends the money you pay on taxes, after you pay them it's their money and It goes to a whole slew of different things, like welfare, food stamp programs, and WIC. All kinds of things are designed to help people who need them. And I, for one, am okay with that. I know, I know, you think that a majority of the people on these programs are living large and scamming the government and I imagine some of them are, but I guarantee you a vast majority of them aren't. And I would rather help those who genuinely need it and let the few who don't go rather than punish them just to get to those who deserve to be punished. I would rather "100 guilty men go free than convict one innocent man". The fact that y'all are okay with people suffering and struggling just boggles my mind, this is what our taxes should be going to, to help the average working person. The small business owners. Not the fucking billionaires and their fucking billionaire corporations. Don't get me wrong, these corporations have their place, they DO create jobs...for now...but imagine what they could do if they just paid a fraction of the tax percentages we pay. Imagine where this country could be.

I'll tell you something this $10,000 or $20,000 is a relief but it doesn't wipe out the loans of a lot of people. Take me as an example. If I get the $20,000 it will forgive less than 2/3 of my student loans. It'll still take me about 5 years or more to pay off the rest because all I can afford to do is pay the minimum when the payments start back up next year. You act like those who are getting relief are getting away with something and I'm here to tell you that we are not. Shit is fucking expensive out here and I live alone and have a pretty good-paying job and I still struggle week to week. I have two degrees one was paid with pell grants (another program provided with our tax dollars) and the other I had to take out loans, loans that in all honesty, I have paid back already but due to all the interest, the payments didn't make a dent in it. That's something they don't tell you when you're trying to better yourself, it's pretty easy to get the loans but they will bleed you dry with the interest if you're paying for it yourself. So, if it makes your ugly heart feel better I'll still be struggling for a while yet even with this loan relief. Just remember, Jesus didn't like the tax man, and loans were forgiven every seven years.

Comments